Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What Happens right before Happily Ever After?!

Some of my brides are calling me and saying- why didn't the wedding magazines tell me that it was ok for me to freak out?! Why do I feel like an emotional train wreck? Why do I need to carry a foam bat with me whenever I talk to my in-laws to be about my wedding?

Well let me tell you, before Cinderella and Prince Charming got into the carriage and rode off into the sunset, Cinderella had bald spots from planning the wedding. I am going to let you in on a little secret- it's going to be ok. You are not being a bride-zilla and its fine to have a bit of a freak out- because let's face it- this day is important to you.

I am here with you- at one point all of us married women were brides and we all had our little moments. Here are a few tips to get you through this time.

1) Stop feeling like you are not being normal. Allow yourself to say "I am freaking the freak out and it is ok." You are not the only bride to be overwhelmed or to feel like you do not know what to do next. So just go with it!
2) When you realize that you are freaking out- walk away. You do NOT need to make this decision RIGHT NOW. Chances are if you make the decision during a panic- you will regret it. I do not want you to do that. I want you to LOVE all aspects of your wedding- not just settle.
3) Get moving! Dance to the hits of your childhood- it will make you feel better. Turn on your Wii and put in Wii Sports and beat the crap out of something. Do anything to get your blood flowing and to get your mind off of the stress.
4) TURN OFF YOUR PHONE. Chances are the people who were with your during your little episode will want to check on you. This is nice but you need time to get your act together. Call them back- they will understand.
5) Scream. Just go somewhere private and let it out. Stomp and throw a fit- its fine... then walk away composed- leave it behind and move on.

So how do we keep from getting to this point? You need to be realistic and know that not everything is going to go as planned- unless you are planning in cupcakeville. Life happens and things will not go amazingly every day. Surround yourself with people who can calm you down and just remember its ok to be a bit of a spaz sometimes. This is a big day and you want it to be perfect- Don't worry, it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment