Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Time Management

I was told I had to get more personal if I expect people to keep reading my blog. So here it is! I used to be terrible at time management. I would be showering 20 minutes before work or a meeting. Then I woke up and realized something- people rely on me. I have meetings to attend and work to do. So I started making lists and keeping a schedule... and now I am a time management Diva. Granted at some points I slip into a bit of a "oops moment" but some how I pull it together (mostly sacrificing my hair do).

Why am I sharing this? Because in my field of work- I rely on others to have awesome time management skills. Whether it be a client or a vendor... never underestimate the power of being a bit early! My mother always told me to show up 15 minutes early to anything. This has not proved me wrong.

So today my advice is that you manage your time well. Brides don't book too much in one day because you really want to take your time with some decisions. Vendors you know how long set up will take but there are always those things we cannot control therefore we have to give ourselves a great gift the gift of time.

On a business note- today I met with a wonderful group of ladies. What started off as an idea became a reality and I find myself along with these lovely ladies planning a Wedding Expo right here in Northern Maine. February 2010 the face of a county wedding will change!

No comments:

Post a Comment